|Job Number||000045QC (scroll down to apply)|
|Position Title||CEO for the Galt Museum & Archives|
Updated Closing Date: February 18, 2020
The Galt Museum & Archives is the dedicated preserver and educator of Lethbridge and Southwestern Albertaís history, and they are looking for their next CEO. The Galt is in the business of storytelling, so their ideal candidate will have the ability to act as the chief spokesperson to amplify key messages and increase support for & understanding of the museumís purpose and goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Working with the board and staff to develop a strategic plan for innovation, improvements, and growth; using foresight to see the bigger picture
* Building and sustaining relationships with local, regional, national, and international communities that affect the organization
* Managing the operating budget by ensuring resources are being utilized efficiently and exploring initiatives that impact future viability and capacity
* Hiring, evaluating, leading, and developing staff members while promoting a team-oriented company culture; succession planning
* Using effective marketing and PR methods to develop and implement fundraising initiatives
* Overseeing quality delivery of all programs, products, and services
* CEO/Executive Director experience; union management experience considered an asset
* Masterís Degree in relevant discipline; Sociology, History, Commerce, etc.
* Confidence in making decisions that align with the organizationís mission, the needs of the Board, and the public; familiarity with a multiple stakeholder environment
* Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across divisions, and build relationships is critical.
* Cultural acumen and commitment to valuing diversity with diplomacy and tact
* Effective public speaking and proposal writing skills
* Established or mounting network of local and federal connections
* In depth understanding of creating and executing budgets and strategic plans
* Involvement with diversity programming and intercultural education is strongly desired
Compensation & Hours:
* There will be ongoing opportunities for professional development
* Expected salary of $90K - $115K/year
* Prior experience in a museum, archive, interpretive centre, or similar facility with the responsibility of visitors, workload, and process management
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in MS Word format to Samantha Friesen at Samantha.Friesen@selectrecruiting.ca
Have you Created Your Profile?
Is this your first visit? Have you registered with us by Creating Your Profile? If not, please do so now. This will make you eligible for any of our exciting, posted and non-posted, opportunities. If you would like to apply for a specific position while creating your profile, please indicate the Job Number in the Job Target field on the form.
For your reference, this Job Number is: 000045QC.
Choose one of the options below:Office Light Industrial Career / Professional
Once you have Created Your Profile, you can use email to indicate your interest in specific job postings on our Job Board. Simply send an email to email@example.com, including the Job Number.
Apply for this position, and use the Job Number: 000045QC.
The Right Person. The Right Seat.Career Jobs | Temporary Jobs
Last Update: February 13, 2020